|The Four Riders of the Maelstrom|
|Main Location||The Battle of Nimbus Station|
The Four Riders of the Maelstrom are four Maelstrom Horsemen who lead the Maelstrom army in the Battle of Nimbus Station. The names of the Four Riders are Oni Rider Seibatsu, Oni Rider Ikusa, Oni Rider Kikin, and Oni Rider Shi.
After the defeat of Whack Bliddo, the Four Riders emerged from the Maelstrom to lead the Stromlings in battle. Wenn Wuzzit sends players back in time to stop them, or else Nimbus Station will be lost. The Four Riders command five waves of Dark Ronin, Stromling Pirates, Maelstrom Horsemen, Stromling Admiral Elites, Dark Spiderlings, and Elite Dark Spiderlings. At the end of it all, the Four Riders of the Maelstrom appear in Wave 29, spawning in the ring around the center of Nimbus Plaza. With powerful attacks and about 255 Life each, the four Maelstrom Horsemen serve as the final bosses of the Battle of Nimbus Station.
When one of the Four Riders is smashed, it drops coins. After all Four Riders are defeated, a Treasure Chest appears to reward players with more loot in Wave 30. Players may then return to the present day, where they are congratulated by Wenn Wuzzit for defeating the Four Riders of the Maelstrom and turning the tide against the Stromling army. With the Four Riders defeated, Nimbus Station was able to be rebuilt.
Related Missions and Achievements
- Smash the Four Riders!
- The Four Riders Timesmash 1
- The Four Riders Timesmash 2
- The Four Riders of the Maelstrom
- Solo Riders
- Fan Attack: The Rider shoots three balls of energy that fan out, each inflicting around 3 damage.
- Knockdown: The Horse rears up on its hind legs and creates a shockwave, inflicting about 3 damage and knockdown.
- The Oni comprise the monsters and demons in Japanese mythology. Therefore, their titles could translate to "Demon Rider", although the Japanese concept of a demon differs from that of Western mythology.
- The Four Riders of the Maelstrom are a reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse from the Bible. The Four Riders' names (Seibatsu, Ikusa, Kikin, and Shi) are Japanese and translate to the symbols of the Four Horsemen (Conquest, War, Famine, and Death).
- Although each rider is identified with the title Maelstrom Horseman and depicted as a Maelstrom Horseman in the Passport, the in-game models for the Four Riders of the Maelstrom appear to be Maelstrom Horseman Invaders.
- Wave 28 foreshadows the Four Riders' appearance by spawning statues of skeletal horses, which can be smashed during the boss battle for power-ups.